Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up


Yes, I know it’s Tuesday. Yes, it’s probably annoying to read about a weekend that was already a few days ago…but I had a nice, long weekend back in the Midwest…so here’s the recap. Buckle your seatbelts, kids, here we go with tons of pics.

The Canadian and I started the weekend out downtown Chicago. We both flew in on Thursday afternoon and went to a fabulous meal at Graham Elliot. We then ventured out on the town, just the two of us, which is honestly one of my most favorite things to do.
Went to Rodan Bar to enjoy a Lychee Royale. Yummy!!
Next day we explored at the Shedd Aquarium. If you are ever in Chicago, it’s definitely a place to go. I hadn’t been since I was about 6 years old, so it was cool to check out. It’s set right on the lakefront in a really cool building. The Canadian is quite the “nature buff”, so he really enjoyed our time there.
Gray day in Chicago, but luckily the rain held off until we got home!
Ohhhhhh The Canadian thought he was funny by posing like this. Needless to say, the pictures have become much more constant ever since the blog. Hahahahahaha.
Though he hearts most animals, he's SO scared of snakes. He was legit NERVOUS to take this picture.
Later that evening we met my older brothers for drinks and dinner. We ate at Longman & Eagle. This place blew our minds. It’s a very small restaurant that takes no reservations. Luckily we found a small space at the bar so we were able to comfortably hang out for the 2hr wait time!! As expected, my brothers and my Canadian became fast friends, bonding over my embarrassing stories and habits in a way that only my boyfriend, siblings and close friends can get away with.
Biggest Brother Derek...<3
And even later that evening we met up with all of my closest college “sisters”. My brothers have strangely become like older siblings to these girls, too, so they always have a blast when we’re all together. This night ended WAY too late, but I figure that just shows how much fun we were all having. <---such justification on my behalf.
We were missing a few lovely ladies that night, but these girls are my everything.
Clarkie looked like a dwarf next to Brother Brian and the Canadian. Sidenote: Brian had been in Florida before this so he was a bit sunburnt. LOL.
Meaghan is one of my very best friends and I'm pretty sure we have a candid photo like this one from every night spent together. Sooooooo typical!
The next day we all slept in quite late and quickly found ourselves racing around to get to Dekalb, IL, which is where my little brother was getting married. After about an hour and a half in the car due to Chicago traffic, we showed up with smiles on to greet the bride/groom and of course my parents and numerous family friends. It was a whirlwind of an evening, but felt great to reconnect to some family friends that have, at many times, felt like surrogate parents to us all. My little Michelle was happily running around the reception, undoubtedly on a sugar high and attention high, but it feels so good to see the utter happiness this little girl finds in life. (Case in point: she was beyond herself based on the sound that her Uggs made whilst stomping around on the dance floor).
We were inseparable throughout the night. I honestly needed to soak up as much as I could. (Sidenote: my mother would be upset if I didn't mention the fact that she had Mary Jane's to wear but they were too big, hence the Uggs).

Family pic before the ceremony.
Jeff and Heather make it official!!!
Me and my dad at the reception...<3
Meesh dancing in her "big girl shoes"!! Heart = melting.
My brothers and me. Still so crazy to see how grown up we all are.
Loved this pic of my Canadian, dad and Meesh. So cute, love them all.
After the wedding night, the Canadian and I went back home to my parent’s house in Rockford. My mom was so relieved that the wedding planning was over so we all just enjoyed a nice dinner in. So nice to be with both my parents while they continue getting to know my Canadian and watch as they learn just how great he is. I love getting the “mother’s approval”. No matter how old we get, I know that it’s one thing I will always need, whether it’s in love, life, career choice, etc. Moms are the best.

And that’s about it. It was such a fun weekend, partially because I officially completed the 21 Day Cleanse right before I left for a weekend that was filled with good food, great wine and tons of fun…good timing, eh??

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. dfkgjdj love that eh thrown in at the end. Love you guys xoxo can't wait to hear about it in person.

    ReplyDelete